Prayer Walking is one of the most effective and valuable tools we have found for committing Bible study groups to God’s supernatural power and purposes, trusting in His promise in Joshua 1:3, “I will give you every place where you set your foot.” Lift your people to Christ through prayer walking as you walk/drive through the streets of your neighborhood, walk through your workplace, circle the soccer field, or pace the halls of your school.
- Make a plan to begin prayer walking on a regular basis.
- Pray for people by name when possible, asking God to give you opportunities to serve, give, and build relationships with those individuals. Prayerfully follow through.
- Pray for God’s blessings and protection on each home, family, co-worker, player, student, classmate, and friend.
- Pray that God would open hearts and create a hunger to know Him.
- Pray for homes that are for sale, empty cubicles, and vacant lots:
a. Remove and keep out all evil.
b. Move in those hungry to know Christ.
c. Move in and raise up vibrant believers to join your study.
We are Christ’s ambassadors. God has a purpose for where He placed you. God not only determines the times we are to live, but also the places where we live, work, and play. You are Jesus “with skin on” to those around you. Remember, one of the most loving things you can do for them is to pray and to introduce them to Christ.
Using the Lord's Prayer as your guide, walk and pray quietly. If there are other Christians available, walk and pray together.
You can also check download Neighborhood Prayers. These cards can be printed and cut to use as you walk and pray.