Be nice to everyone. You never know who lost an argument to a teenager.
Mothers need one another. I don’t know how else to say it. We need advice. We need “oh ya, I’ve been there too.” We need encouragement. We need affirmation. We need help, for pete’s sake.
Gathering mothers together is really fun. Throw out this question, “tell your worst/best parenting moment” and let the laughter, tears, and connecting begin.
How to host a neighborhood Mother’s Day Brunch
- Choose a day, time and home to gather in.
- Ask a good friend to share thoughts on Motherhood
- Send simple invitations
- Prepare for the details of the day (clean, cook, ask a few others to cook too, etc)
- Welcome each guest and tell them you are glad they came
- Facilitate a “getting to know you” time
- Pray a blessing for the food and the ladies who came
- Listen to “speaker”
- Clean up
So simple. So needed.
We all desire to build “community” right where we live. Gathering neighbors together is vital to this. Sharing life with one another communicates value, love and care. Hosting a Mother’s Day brunch is a wonderful way to have women in our homes to produce this community!
“People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
“They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” Acts 2:42
As followers of Christ may we continually be known for caring for our neighbors, extending a helping hand, welcoming them in our homes and initiating relationships.
Do you have an idea for Mother’s Day? Please share it with us.
The NBS2go Team